Thursday, November 1, 2007

sorry its been so loooong!!

Hey everyone,

I am so sorry it has been so long since I have updated my blog.... hope none of you worried! Everything is going fine here, and I am making some really good friends. One of the girls I have been spending heaps of time with lately is Shyla. She is from hawaii and just so much fun! She is joyful and open and today we went to kichijoji (the next train stop over) to go shopping together and last night we watched a movie. She is so sweet. I needed a friend here and God provided.

I will give you a quick update as to whats going on here in Mitaka (the town I am staying in)...

Yesterday was our big haloween outreach and it was amazing how many people showed up!! One of the stinters gave his testimony and afterwards everyone broke up into groups of about six to discuss a few questions relating to the message. In every group there was at least one staffer to help guide discussion and answer questions. I was with Shyla and about 6 other students. The last discussion question was: Do you want to know more about having a relationship with Jesus? Why or why not?"

When we got to the end it was amazing that almost every single one of the students wanted to know more. As we had more conversation we got to the point of asking if anyone wanted to ask Jesus into their hearts. Two girls said yes!!

Shy and I took them upstairs where it wasnt so loud and led them to Christ. It was pretty much amazing. I remember thinking when they said yes, "really?! wait...what...wow... what do I do again...?!!?" It was so cool though. When I asked them how they felt, one of them said (pointing to her heart with a contemplative smile on her face), "I feel a freedom, a freedom from something" and the other said, "I feel very glad, much more glad then yesterday." They both nodded in agreement with eachother smiling. As we continued to explain more about the family they just joined they were bubbling with curiosity and everytime we told them something new their eyes would get wide with amazement and they would say with joy, "really?!?! Wow!! So amazing!" Hehe it was so cute! They really loved that we were all sisters, and one girl who said she had been seeking God for awhile was really deeply struck by the idea that God would never ever leave her. It was truly a beautiful thing.

I am about ready to head off onto another part of my big adventure...Laos. Im very very sad to leave here... I have made so many good friends and will miss Japan so much.

I have a few prayer requests as well... the last few days I have been feeling a little down. I also am having a hard time getting a good sleeping schedual down, and I keep having bad dreams. I think I am a bit anxious about a few things. I also am having a hard time being away from home in the light of dad stepping down from church. I wish I could call everyone... I am pretty sure I will be able to tomorrow though... and I am very happy about that!!!

love you all

3 comments:

bobniemond said...

Hi Emily,

See an email I sent.

I love you,
Dad

Anonymous said...

WOW Emily!! I know you wrote this a while ago but I'll pray for ya ;D
your such an amazing servant!! I bet you've got a specail space in those sisters heart's!! Love you!!

emilyelizabeth said...

who wrote that last comment???