Sunday, November 25, 2007

Laos

Laos was seriously amazing. I really had
no idea places like this exsisted outside of National Geographic...
ah... typical American me hey? Its just been a beautiful eye opening
experience!! I went on a river boat one day and felt like I was in a
postcard. The smooth muddy water surrounded by steep banks covered in
exotic bushes and trees was only accented by local kids playing in
the river or people doing laundry in the river. It was amazing.

The food is good here... although I did start to get a slight bit
queasy the other day and was supprisingly excited about something
bland and somewhat American at a Lao Wedding I went to (its very
strange... they have this stew that is almost identical to any
American Beef Stew). I think as much as I want to say I love spicy
and exotic food all the time... i have my moments when I just want a
grilled-cheese sandwich haha.

Being in a Communist country is just... wow. It boggles my mind
some of the things I hear that go on... and I have to be careful what
words I use on email and stuff. Its seriously just so amazing.

No comments: