Friday, October 26, 2007

Raining

Hey everyone!

Its raining here today... I love the rain.. for the most part that is. You see, while I usually am an avid fan of rain in any form on any day... I have encountered problems involving umbrellas, bikes, slippery streets, and wet pants. The thing is.... they dont mix. It would have been funny and expected had this resulted in some kind of typical "emily disaster..." but nothing funny came out of it, and instead I found it frusterating to get my pants stuck in the gears when they are wet... becasue then when i rolled them up my leg got real wet, riding through small spaces with an umbrella was a hassle... and I decided it wasnt worth the trouble... so I got wet... and then, I was running quite late... and not being able to go fast was... somewhat..annoying. LOL. Oh well. Life goes on hey?

I do have a funny story for you all though. Yesterday I was having kind of a bum afternoon, I diddnt have anything to do, no one was home, and I diddnt have any bokos to read... bleh...and I was in a bad mood to top it off...lol.

Soooo, when It came time for me to ride to the student center for the thursday night service, I got on my bike and like usual began the 15min ride downtown. Well, someone almost cut me off on a bike and that set me to giggling, then a ways down the road something hysterical happened..... I almost hit somone!!!

Now there are certain "rules of the road" that all bikers in Japan must follow. While I have no clear way to explain them to you... they are just... known. One of the more obvious ones, and easiest to explain is that you ALWAYS look for bikers when stepping around a building or out of one or something... I mean... duh!

Well, the guy in my story apparently forgot this all too important rule and decided to live life on the wild side (or he got stuck in never-never land and forgot how to escape) He stepped out right in front of me, I slammed on my breaks (they are squeaky), he jumps looks at me, makes the funniest face imaginable, and I swearve around him while he tries desperatly to get out of the way. Did I mention he was coming out of a police building....hehe...


Well, I was laughing the rest of the night. It was pretty funny.


Miss you all. More stories later!!


Mom and dad, thanks so much for the updates, it sounds like your trip to mammoth went good??? I had no idea the fires were so bad there... I am very out of the loop.


love ya!

5 comments:

bobniemond said...

Great to hear from you again. Sorry to hear your down time was so... wet and frustrating.

You sounded like Japan was so fun. Maybe a bit of a roller coaster?

Mammoth went well. Great visit with the Kuznitz family and we think we've spied out a piece of land. But the Lord has to provide alot of leading for the purchase and subsequent build. Alot of information to find out and then alot of input to consider.

No rain here. They could use it in So. Cal. Half a million people evacuated from thier homes. Can't tell in Central Valley (except from the news) that anything is going on.

Love you!
Dad

bobniemond said...

I LOVE YOU!

Dad

mom said...

It's Sat.PM here. FYI the So.Cal. winds did shift thus helping the firefighters to gain control of the fires down south. Unfortunately, the winds began to blow the smoke into the central valley.Ugh! We had a surprise this evening though! Rain!!!! You can only imagine our joy as the rain cleaned our air!!!God is forever showering us with His undeserved grace... Oh,I bought the boys(Ish/Caleb) Dan and Louie. Joce was thrilled!!!! It seems like only yesterday we had the Louie tapes echoing throughout the evening air... I love to laugh, but please be careful on your bike. You are a treasure to me. I love you, Mom

David Crandall said...

Hey Em
I totally pictured this whole story as if I were there...and of course it would've been me laughing too...almost to the point of popping a blood vessel in my eye or something.

Anyways, I haven't written or comment you on anything lately, so I figured today of all days, on here of all places, to say I'm so glad that I get to keep in touch with what you're doing!

Just to give you an update on all that has been going on here..

Leasa sang with me last sunday and did an awesome job. We did a new song which she nailed the part I gave her and even did a song solo.
Can you guess which one? ;]

Anyways, also, I'm in the process of recording - not with my church's worship team - but by myself at home.

I have a cheesy little music space that is going to have some of the songs on there soon. There's some unfinished work on there right now. Anyways, you can check it out here:
http://www.myspace.com/davidcrandallii

I've witten and recorded the music for 2 songs so far, I just started last week, so I've got a little ways to go but that's ok.

Just for laughs - when I saw your dads name, I thought it said "bohemianmom" at first glance.

Thanks for the little diddy on FB, it was an old one :] haha :]

I'll be reading more and more of your blogs as they come! Love hearing all that's going on!

Adios Amiga,
David

Anonymous said...

That's why those cool hats with the umbrellas ontop were invited!! haha.. :D